The story at private nonprofit institutions
There were 13,129 State Grant recipients in academic year 2016-17 — that’s 24% of all students at private nonprofit institutions.
- The average State Grant award at private colleges was $4,431.
- In total, more than $58 million in State Grant awards were made to private college students.
There were 14,209 Pell Grant recipients in Minnesota in academic year 2016-17 — that’s 26% of all students at private nonprofit institutions.
- The average Pell Grant award at private colleges was $3,842.
- In total, more than $54 million in Pell Grant awards were made to private college students.
Find out about the State Grant story at the 17 institutions of the Minnesota Private College Council:
- Augsburg University
- Bethany Lutheran College
- Bethel University
- Carleton College
- College of Saint Benedict
- The College of Saint Scholastica
- Concordia College (Moorhead)
- Concordia University (St. Paul)
- Gustavus Adolphus College
- Hamline University
- Macalester College
- Minneapolis College of Art and Design
- Saint John's University
- Saint Mary's University of Minnesota
- St. Catherine University
- St. Olaf College
- University of St. Thomas