The story at private nonprofit institutions
There were 14,450 State Grant recipients in academic year 2018-19 — that’s 26% of all students at private nonprofit institutions.
- The average State Grant award at private colleges was $4,814.
- In total, more than $69 million in State Grant awards were made to private college students.
There were 15,047 Pell Grant recipients in Minnesota in academic year 2018-19 — that’s 27% of all students at private nonprofit institutions.
- The average Pell Grant award at private colleges was $4,178.
- In total, $63 million in Pell Grant awards were made to private college students.
Find out about the State Grant story at the 17 institutions of the Minnesota Private College Council:
- Augsburg University
- Bethany Lutheran College
- Bethel University
- Carleton College
- College of Saint Benedict
- The College of Saint Scholastica
- Concordia College (Moorhead)
- Concordia University (St. Paul)
- Gustavus Adolphus College
- Hamline University
- Macalester College
- Minneapolis College of Art and Design
- Saint John's University
- Saint Mary's University of Minnesota
- St. Catherine University
- St. Olaf College
- University of St. Thomas